Click here to start your course today with PADI e-Learning
Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have fun diving. The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you can anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management, supervision abilities and become a role model to divers everywhere. As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training.
Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. You also need to have:
• CPR and First Aid training within the past 24 months.
• A Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
• At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
Topics and practical workshops include, but are not limited to:
• The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
• Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
• Diver safety and risk management
• Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
• Business of diving and your career
• Awareness of the dive environment
• Dive setup and management
• Mapping an open water site
• Conducting dive briefings
• Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
• Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
• Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs